roblmich
Skeletal Summoner

Rep: Recognised (6)
Recognised
roblmich
  • Post Rep

Just curious: State of the Wizard class?

Postby roblmich » Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 pm

So it seems like Wizard is still a very powerful class right now, even after the ice ball nerf. What is everyone's thoughts?

Honestly I don't think any nerf can detract from the wizard unless they like, cut their damage by 50% or something outrageous. There's always builds to churn out the most damage that people want for farming the Torments.

Losnax
Ravenous Dead

Rep: Unknown (1)
Unknown
Losnax
  • Post Rep

Re: Just curious: State of the Wizard class?

Postby Losnax » Fri May 09, 2014 7:47 pm

As you said, the Wizard will probably never really become a "bad class".

I have a maxed out Wizard, and even after the nerf it's definately my favorite class of choice. I simply find it the most fun to play, and even though the Wizard can be quite easily killed if not played correctly, the possible damage output and escape spells just makes everything a piece of cake. Go wizards!

Yorf
Fallen Hound

Rep: Recognised (4)
Recognised
Yorf
  • Post Rep

Postby Yorf » Sat May 17, 2014 11:06 am

I think one of the main strenghts of wizard currently lies in the great synergy of the buffing skills. Familiar and force weapon for example give so much free damage and fit with just about any build.

Favre4Ever
Ravenous Dead

Rep: Unknown (2)
Unknown
Favre4Ever
  • Post Rep

Postby Favre4Ever » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:01 am

Yup, I have to say it's still my personal favorite class to play and I am not sure that will change. I remember starting out with my Demon Hunter and LOVING my build. I didn't really want to play anything else. Luckily I had other level 60 (max at the time :D) characters as a backup and voila... Here comes the epic and now-legendary Wizard buff. It was amazing, and changed my entire perspective on Diablo 3. Lol.

Wyzard 4 Lyfe

Login