Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Road to Paragon 2000 (equivalent) and interview with Vajet

Postby ghostwheel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Congrats to Vajet (EU player) who has reached a combined paragon level of 2000+ and also to clan Zero Empathy to some extent for contributing with efficient farming groups.

While this paragon number is not shown officially yet until season 3 is over, Vajet has already attained the actual combined EXP required to reach and go beyond P2000 at this point in time with his non season and seasonal heroes.
In this case P1339 (non season) + P1789 (season 3); playing seasonal arguably takes longer than just focusing in non-season only due to initial gearing as well.

This article is in 2 part. The first section is an interview with Vajet and underneath is a stats overview of Vajets paragon journey recorded in the site.

I managed to get hold of Vajet through one of his fellow clan members (my thanks to Xabster) and asked him a few questions.

Interview with Vajet

Ghostwheel :
ghostwheel wrote:Firstly congrats for reaching P2000+ combined and thanks for joining me in this interview.

Having seen the huge EXP requirement to reach a combined P2000, I'd like to understand how the heck you have the energy to make it so far.
When did you start to think to gun for such a high paragon amount because when I check out your progress over time it looked like your EXP gain has been pretty consistent for months.

Vajet:
Vajet wrote:As a competition-oriented seasonal player leveling and gearing as fast and efficient as possible has always been a priority for me.

My focus in this and previous seasons has always been higher group rankings because playing with people who like the game as much as I do has always been what I enjoyed most. As paragon levels above 800 give you a substantial amount of power, it becomes necessary in order to compete because of the trial system and rising amount of damage required per Greater Rift tier.

At the point where I noticed that I am nearly leading the Paragon leaderboard the Paragon itself became a competitive part for me even though it was never my original intention.

Ghostwheel :
ghostwheel wrote: I noticed you are a season player and that's where you managed to gain most of your paragons. Was season 3 easier to gain paragons compared to nonseasons or was it because of another reason why you picked seasons to do most of your leveling?

Vajet:
Vajet wrote:I haven't really picked seasons for paragon leveling, I prefer seasons because I like the fresh start and all the small things like finding the first set, getting upgrades more frequently, etc. that come with it. In terms of gaining total paragon, the beginning of a season is obviously a disadvantage. However, an advantage is that more players are looking for gear and it is easier to find groups for Greater Rift tiers that are most optimal for gear and EXP farming.

Ghostwheel :
ghostwheel wrote:I'm a solo player myself and would like to know whether you tried doing exp runs solo and how that compares with groups. Would it be worth farming exp solo?

Vajet:
Vajet wrote:In this current game state and also upcoming patch everything that involves farming, whether it is items or EXP, is very unrewarding to do solo compared to group farming.

In terms of EXP right now, you'd gain like half the EXP farming the same tier solo as a DPS player compared to a decent group and also get less items per hour.

The only decent way to play the game efficiently as a solo player right now is to use multiple accounts and control them at the same time (multiboxing). I personally have little experience with this because I prefer playing in groups anyway.

Ghostwheel :
ghostwheel wrote:I remember Alkaizer back in the old days reaching paragon 1000 which was an amazing feat back then, he had a particular farming route and technique. Could you share with us some advise in terms of what you found was the most efficient way to farm, a route etc?

Vajet:
Vajet wrote:I believe it was Paragon 100 which Alkaizer reached first in the Paragon 1.0 system by grinding an efficient farm route and then Gabynator who achieved first Paragon 1000 by a questionable method (abusing a bug that gave double xp when killing the act 5 boss Malthael).

Since patch 2.2 and it's including buff of Greater Rift experience gained, Greater Rift farming has been the most efficient way to get EXP. In Greater Rifts, bonus experience items and sets such as Hellfire Ring scale multiplicatively with the EXP gained which means you can gain more than three times as much wearing all of these items compared to a player who does not wear any of them.

However, these experience items and sets can't all be combined with the most powerful sets and items in the game. This basically means that in order to get the most experience you are depending on players who are playing with their best sets/items (in terms of damage) so that you can wear all the experience sets/items and play a support role.

Some classes like the Crusader and Monk are especially suitable to fill these support roles as they are very tanky and have a lot of offensive and defensive buffs.

Because of these group setups it became a habit that the support players come up with either trial or greater rift opener keys.

Unfortunately, these keys are easily obtainable in larges masses by using bots which made it an even bigger challenge for me to constantly find players without using any kind of illegal botting software as I'd have to farm trial keys and/or greater rift opener keys during my playtime while players using bots would get these keys "over night".

My strategy was to organize very fast and efficient farm groups where players playing classes like Demon Hunter (which are not suitable for support roles) would get a large amount of blood shards and items.

Unlike other players trying to maximize their EXP gain by wearing the full EXP item setup, I ran a reduced EXP item setup in order to make the runs faster and more rewarding for the DPS players. This way I never had a hard time finding people while the competition was struggling to find players that actually want to play with them.

Ghostwheel :
ghostwheel wrote:I understand EXP is going to be shared across the group in the next patch, what are your thoughts on that and would you like to see more or different changes to the paragon system?

Vajet:
Vajet wrote:
Before patch 2.3 notes and the upcoming shared experience gain changes had been released, me and my clan mates have been discussing this subject multiple times and we came to the conclusion that there were only two options to solve the unfair way EXP farming currently works which is either share the EXP gained or remove the bonus experience item affix.

I would have preferred the removal of the item affix because it forces players to wear suboptimal items in order to farm efficiently. When Blizzard nerfed the Magic Find affix a while ago, they stated that they removed it because it felt mandatory to wear less powerful items and I believe this is also true for bonus experience items.

They are so powerful that you can never run without them. In Patch 2.3 efficient farm groups will most likely not only include builds and items that the players want to play and wear but have to in order to get the most EXP.

Another issue with the current paragon system that I see in the game right now is the amount of power paragon gives you. Starting from Paragon level 800, each Paragon point gained is to be distributed in the core Paragon tab, i.e +5 Dex/Int/Str.

The amount of EXP required per level only scales linear beginning with p750 (+122,4m EXP). While this amount of additional EXP required seems adequate at p750, it becomes a relatively small change in terms of total EXP per level required at a high Paragon. I could still farm more than 10 levels per day, which means 50 Dex/Int/Str.

In order to address this issue the amount of power gained by Paragon has to be capped or reduced or the EXP required per Paragon level has to scale more exponentially as it does for p1-750. Rewards other than power could be vanity rewards (portraits, pets, etc).

My thanks to Vajet for taking the time to answer some questions with his thoughts and views.

Statistics

Here are some fun stats for those who like that sort of thing.

Firstly, Vajets full paragon profile with stats,ladder position and charts is found with this link and the general paragon leaderboard with combined and separated seasonal/nonseason players can be found with this link

Other notable paragon levelers are Ryuzaki and Dani, both in the EU who are getting close to paragon 2000 in non season. We are likely to see one achieve the official P2000 ingame for non season before the end of season 3 fairly shortly.

Paragon 2000 requires a total of 119,324,847,480,000 EXP and is the equivalent to getting paragon 1000 eleven and half times in a row. If each experience point was a mile traveled, then starship Vajet would just about reach Gliese 581 by now.

Total number of monster kills is 15,360,872 with 1,922,260 Elite kills. On a per paragon level increase; paragon 1999 to 2000 requires 170,029,920,000 EXP.

Vajets best 3 day run recorded was during 09/07/15 06:50 to 12/07/15 06:50 UCT whereby he achieved 62,576,206,667 exp per hour (total approx 850 paragons), that's the equivalent of P276 p/h with no sleep for 3 days. It is currently the fastest recorded speed run at position 1.

If that exp/hour above were to be converted into miles per hour then starship Vajet would have taken approx. 80 days to reach Gliese 581 from Earth. This is the equivalent to reaching paragon 2000 from 0 in 80 days playing at 62.5 Billion exp per hour with no sleep. Of course, people need to sleep and that EXP figure is an average over time - I imagine Vajet is actually achieving in the region 100 billion per hour while playing.

Why the references to interstellar travel and other star systems?, spaceships are cool and only the vastness of the cosmos could convey such mind blowingly huge EXP numbers that are being achieved by todays Diablo 3 players.

Vajetnot2k
Vajetnot2k
Risen Dead

Rep: Unknown (0)
Unknown
Vajetnot2k
  • Post Rep

Re: Road to Paragon 2000 (equivalent) and interview with Vaj

Postby Vajetnot2k » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:25 pm

seriously Man ?
This is a Combined Level from a Private Site .
The only think thats Count is what you see in Game and in the Armory and there is no 2k in Vajets Profile.
In my Opinion if he has no 2k in is Profile so he is not 2k, He has to wait for the end of the Season and before the Season ends Ryuzaki is 2k in Non Season so he is the number one in the world with 2k Paragon in his Profile .
So Pls that are Calculatet Numbers from a Private site thats Count nothing .
The guys with the 2k in Profile or Armory is the World First .
MFG
Vajetnot2k

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Re: Road to Paragon 2000 (equivalent) and interview with Vaj

Postby ghostwheel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Paragon 2000 is quantified by a specific EXP number. That EXP has been reached by Vajet in total.

It is true that Vajet is not officially at paragon 2000 with his official account but lets look at what's at play here.

Non season players do not need to gear for new seasons. Seasonal players even have a paragon handicap ie. a gap of around 200 between the top non season and seasonal players which means approx 200 x 5 main stats difference when playing. Some credit needs to be given at the very least.

Ryuzaki and Dani are both very good paragon levelers for nonseason with Ryuzaki speeding ahead very quickly recently; site estimates him to reach P2000 officially for nonseasons in a couple of days.
http://www.diablo3ladder.com/battletag/ ... 7.html#nav

That's also an amazing achievement showing the dedication you guys put into this game.

For those who enjoy paragon leveling at a competitive level; this site makes it possible to compare non season and seasonal players with a combined total. Making it possible for players to choose whether to play seasons or not and still be paragon laddered as a whole in the world.

Login