Yorf
Fallen Hound

Rep: Recognised (4)
Recognised
Yorf
  • Post Rep

Re: Diablo 3 2nd Anniversary

Postby Yorf » Sun May 18, 2014 6:25 am

Kingteranas wrote:RIP my key fragments lol, its raining legendaries!

Don't forget there's also double drop on rift fragments! If you clear a full act, you end up with 12-14 fragments including the ones you get from caches.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 pm

I've stocked up with almost 300 rifts keys even before the anniversary. Just working through them now but I'm finding today is my "bad luck" day - yesterday, I might find several legendaries per rift (heck, 2 popped out of an ordinary chest even).

Today, I'd be lucky to find one after two or more rifts though I'm tearing through T2 rifts fairly quickly with my new upgrades.

McKnublet
Ireland
Skeletal Summoner
Hrhhe (HC) 70(458)
View Hero
Rep: Rising Star (17)
Rising Star
McKnublet
  • Post Rep

Postby McKnublet » Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/529306369

This was a dev live stream, where the chat was able to ask questions of them while they did a few rifts.. pretty cool and very interesting.. not sure if you've seen it! If not, you should check it out!

Or this is the info breakdown that was posted on Diablofans

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48075-more-info-from-the-anniversary-dev-stream-gambling
Last edited by McKnublet on Sun May 18, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks for that info McKnublet.

I'm usually quite up to date with the latest news but missed the stream (likely due to just playing the game more often than usual lately)

Wow, 5 hr stream in total - I watched some of the start and noticed they started talking about Seasons at around 21 mins. It's interesting that Wyatt mentioned that he'd be interested in "leveling his artisans" again - indicating the probable timescales of how long these things last (wasn't sure if we'd be seeing PoE style ladders).

McKnublet
Ireland
Skeletal Summoner
Hrhhe (HC) 70(458)
View Hero
Rising Star
McKnublet
  • Post Rep

Postby McKnublet » Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 am

ghostwheel wrote:Thanks for that info McKnublet.

I'm usually quite up to date with the latest news but missed the stream (likely due to just playing the game more often than usual lately)

Wow, 5 hr stream in total - I watched some of the start and noticed they started talking about Seasons at around 21 mins. It's interesting that Wyatt mentioned that he'd be interested in "leveling his artisans" again - indicating the probable timescales of how long these things last (wasn't sure if we'd be seeing PoE style ladders).

No problems! I figured as much!

I spotted it earlier today and have been watching it in installments. I'm onto the Lore section now, it's very interesting as always to listen to the devs talking about their work.

McKnublet
Ireland
Skeletal Summoner
Hrhhe (HC) 70(458)
View Hero
Rising Star
McKnublet
  • Post Rep

Postby McKnublet » Thu May 22, 2014 7:57 am

Travis Day - Game Designer wrote:Hello folks,

I come bearing exciting news. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Anniversary buff we have decided to keep the increased Legendary drop rate once the Anniversary celebration ends. Once the buff is disabled tomorrow morning, you will find that the new base line drop rates for Legendary items will be the same as those you have all enjoyed for the last week.

Happy hunting and link the loot!

Source - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Thu May 22, 2014 8:19 am

McKnublet wrote:
Travis Day - Game Designer wrote:Hello folks,

I come bearing exciting news. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Anniversary buff we have decided to keep the increased Legendary drop rate once the Anniversary celebration ends. Once the buff is disabled tomorrow morning, you will find that the new base line drop rates for Legendary items will be the same as those you have all enjoyed for the last week.

Happy hunting and link the loot!

Source - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697

Thanks for the heads up on that (I'll edit the original news article). The new drop rates definitely made a noticeable difference.

Login