Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Version 5 Scoring : Optimum gameplay

Postby ghostwheel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 pm

A new scoring equation is currently in use which better reflects optimum gameplay in terms of efficient farming and survivability. The old equations still put too much emphasis on EHP (Effective Health Points) where we generally ended up with those who have high mitigation scoring the highest. This shouldn't be the case, as what we really want are those who can kill the fastest but still survive the highest MP levels.

In addition, life sustain in terms of life steal, life on hit and regeneration are calculated into the equation. The EHP table in your character sheet will be updated with these new stats :

So v5 now becomes the following :
DPS * SQRT(SQRT(SQRT(DPS)))) *
1st 1,000,000 EHP * 0.3 (Basically full EHP point gain) *
Every EHP in blocks of 200,000 have diminishing point decrease of 10% up to 100% (max gain from EHP is therefore 3,000,000 EHP) *
(Life Steal% * 4) *
(Life on hit % based off full life ) * 2) *
(Regeneration % based off full life ) * 2) *
(Movement Speed) / 2)

The DPS part of the equation remains unchanged and basically means that more weighting is put into this part as EHP is reduced thus more gain is derived from DPS when you reach higher levels of EHP.

This equation now gives us a closer approximation of what we should be aiming for when looking for efficient gameplay and it will be possible for the site to give an approximation of the optimum MP level to play in the future as well.

Tesla
Turkey
Ravenous Dead
Konfetiyus (HC) 70(160)
View Hero
Rep: Unknown (1)
Unknown
Tesla
  • Post Rep

Re: Version 5 Scoring : Optimum gameplay

Postby Tesla » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:30 am

"... and it will be possible for the site to give an approximation of the optimum MP level to play in the future as well."

I'm looking forward to see it soon. With this pace your website will be a diablo fan site that has most features.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Re: Version 5 Scoring : Optimum gameplay

Postby ghostwheel » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:23 am

Tesla wrote:"... and it will be possible for the site to give an approximation of the optimum MP level to play in the future as well."

I'm looking forward to see it soon. With this pace your website will be a diablo fan site that has most features.

That's something I'd like to make available, and the stats are pretty much all there for me to crunch them into a meaningful optimum MP level but I'd need to really do more fine tuning in terms of getting my characters bashed in the head ingame to test things out - not a thing I'd want to do in HC (only played SC up to lvl 10). At some point, I'll need to get a level 60 SC character to do some ingame testing.

Login