Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Version 6 Scoring : Adventure refinements

Postby ghostwheel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Version 6 scoring is now active which should increase all scores based on the following newly included criteria :
- score increase by experience% gain. The score increase is around the same as switching between an equivalent ruby and amethyst gem and includes all other % experience items like the hellfire ring. No score if you are already P100 though. This equates to 0.33% score gain per 1% of exp gain.
- score increase by bonus damage to elites. This was previously shown in your DPS part of the character sheet but was not included into the unbuffed DPS but it is now included into the overall score.
- Magic find, same principle as score increase by experience but further reduced by 66%. (1/3 the strength of exp gain). Absolute maximum score gain from this is 33% altogether for a P100.

All characters sheets has been synced to use this new formula but no permanent plot datapoint has been entered into the graphs. The sheet will have a "v6" printed at the score part and the adventure section has been updated with magic find and experience % gain. If you happened to have old datapoints with v5 scoring then clicking on those plotpoints will show these characters to be at v5 (at the Score section).

So v6 now becomes the following :
DPS * SQRT(SQRT(SQRT(DPS)))) *
Bonus elites damage % / 3 *
1st 1,000,000 EHP * 0.3 (Basically full EHP point gain) *
Every EHP in blocks of 200,000 have diminishing point decrease of 10% up to 100% (max gain from EHP is therefore 3,000,000 EHP) *
(Life Steal% * 4) *
(Life on hit % based off full life ) * 2) *
(Regeneration % based off full life ) * 2) *
(Movement Speed) / 2) *
(if not p100): experience% * 0.33 *
(Max 300%) magic find * 0.11

Again, this equation attempts to balance everything important ingame that determines how fast you kill, how well you survive as well as movement, looting and exp gain percentages.

Tesla
Turkey
Ravenous Dead
Konfetiyus (HC) 70(160)
View Hero
Rep: Unknown (1)
Unknown
Tesla
  • Post Rep

Re: Version 6 Scoring : Adventure refinements

Postby Tesla » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:47 am

I think it's a nice idea to give a shape to the ladder with adventuring side of a character (I mean %exp, %magic find, %gold find, movement speed ...) But may be with the expansion they will change PvP side of the game, this scoring system seems to focus on single player side of the game. Anyway we will see it with time. May be you add a secondary scoring like "PvP scroing" then. But I liked this idea. Bye.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:10 pm

The idea behind this is to give weighting to useful stats like experience gain and magic find.

One thing I've noticed is that people switch between hellfire, ruby to amethyst + good dps/ehp ring to increase their scores. Then they switch back to the hellfire and ruby when going back into the game.

I've been discussing this over in the official forums and it's possible that the gain in DPS and EHP is such that it may exceed the exp performance gain of exp gear at the higher levels due to increased killing efficiency. Having not played much of MP10 or even MP 9 (all my chars in HC), I'll need to level a SC character up to test things out to gather some datapoints at some point.

If somebody could do this then that'll be ideal as well, basically I need test cases where everything apart from the following is the same :
- test cases where you use the best hellfire you have and ruby gem.
- test cases where you use the best ring and +%life gem.

Importing the characters into the site will create permanent datapoints (ie. dps, ehp, score) as long as you don't import again within an hour. Import before a game session and then import again at the end - this only works if you play longer than an hour otherwise your current datapoint just gets overwritten.

The only thing we won't have accurate data of is the experience as the sites only recording paragon levels, so I'd it'll be better to note down the start and end experience points between datapoints and your run times. If your run times are more than an hour then the site will have that too (as it's recorded permanently), MP level played at will be useful as well.

Tesla
Turkey
Ravenous Dead
Konfetiyus (HC) 70(160)
View Hero
Rep: Unknown (1)
Unknown
Tesla
  • Post Rep

Postby Tesla » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Yes, you are a hardcore hardcore fan lol. You don't have any SC character!

From my humble experiences, I'm sure it was far off more efficent to farm in MP1 with magic find or exp gain items for "legendary farm" or "experience farm" than with MP10 with highest DPS and EHP equipment. I say this for old system: Image

With patch 1.0.7 exp gain changed considerably like this:
MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)

As you see even after patch 1.0.7, highest MP levels aren't viable for experience farm because at MP10 you gain 5.1 fold exp bonus for 34.39 fold monster health (bonus for monsters lol). It's hard to keep DPS growing with monster health. (34 fold at MP10!) I think picture is not different for Magic find also, because Magic find grows slower than exp bonus with MP levels. In my opinion, sweet spots linger between MP1-MP4 even for "godly" players. After MP4 you slow down considerably. But that sweet spot search test would be worth inspecting. I wish I had time to test it (I farmed most of the time at MP1 with my SC Barb) and felt it was most efficient.

Edit:
But with new multiplayer gains, cooperative farming sweet spot may be several MP levels higher than single player one for a 4 player farming situation. This needs to be tested throughly also.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Tesla wrote:Yes, you are a hardcore hardcore fan lol. You don't have any SC character!

Double hardcore even :P Except I was thinking earlier of get a SC character powerleveled just to save me time - lol. Nah, I'll play it properly when I've got time :)

About the new experience gain changes, yes - I forgot about multiplayer and efficiency gains from that combined with the higher MP level bonuses. Lots of new external factors to consider.

I don't like to start cooking the site points with additional filters like multiplayer and MP levels so need to think of a solution. Thanks for pointing this out as well.

Login