Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (70)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Clan Rankings Score Adjustment

Postby ghostwheel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Clan rankings have been adjusted to score only the top 7 categories achieved by your clan in the Greater Rifts play mode. The last 2 categories that have the lowest rank score will not be counted.

This new scoring should give a much better competitive experience for clans looking to excel on most categories while not letting some categories drag down the overall rankings due to non participation.

Scoring between clans are tighter than before, overall putting some more emphasis on high ranking positions than before.

guardzor
Brazil
Skeleton
Guardzor (SC) 70(1984)
View Hero
Rep: Recognised (3)
Recognised
guardzor
  • Post Rep

Re: Clan Rankings Score Adjustment

Postby guardzor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:06 pm

While i understand the reasoning behind the rankings change, i dont personally agree. Everything that im about to say is just my opinion, and i respect everyone that disagrees with it. Also, my clan didnt changed any positions in the leaderboard, so its more a discussion about the principle behind it than anything else.

Of course that the question to "what is the best d3 clan in the world" can be answered in multiple ways, depending on how you define a good clan yourself. But i liked the idea of seeing the clans that could consistenly put players in high rankings at the top. If you want to be the best clan out there, you shouldnt be able to "choose" in wich leaderboards you want to compete. It should be about how well you can compensate your weak classes with high placements on the strong ones.

With the changes, i can easily spot two big leaderboard climbs. CRC getting top1 NS over Reign, and ZE getting around 10 leaderboard positions in S5, being now top 5. While i consider both clans amazing examples of the top clans out there, i would like to see them getting high in the leaderboards by conquering all of them. Instead, ZE got over 4300 points from the removal of the two weakest leaderboards, and CRC got over 2600. Again, i dont think either of them should be that low on the leaderboards, but ultimately this should be decided by their clan, and ZE didnt even tried to put a crusader in the top 4k world (something extremely easy to do), just to use the most extreme example. That becomes really unfair to Reign in NS, since their worst leaderboard is top 17, but now they are 16points behind the top1 clan, since now you only have 7 available leaderboards to use, and they are at least top 13 in all of them (removing the 2 worst positions).

Im not in Reign, and im not even a NS player, so that doesnt affect me, but it still looks weird to see a clan with a top 2.5k solo in the first position.

Anyway, regardless of what you guys decide to do, i still think that this is the best "clan leaderboard" out there, so my respect for the website stays the same.

Also, i wanna say that i have the biggest respect for all the clans that i mentioned, and strongly believe that all of them would eventually be around the top positions, score adjustment or not.

Edit.: 2x Signature.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Originally, my personal preference aligned with yours as well. That is, to rank highly you should really participate in all categories.

However, there's really only a handful of clans that really goes for all categories and I felt that it was asking too much for clans to play all categories.

While it is true that you can choose what leaderboard to focus on, you can now theoretically have a very small clan of 4 players playing 4 different classes getting into the first clan position.

I'm hoping the looser requirements might actually motivate more players into forming into viable clans thats able to more easily compete against each other. There are thousands of GR leaderboarders out there but it was my opinion that many were potentially alienated from getting their clans represented properly into the top positions.

Larger clans have an advantage in that they have more categories to gain better rankings as well as the ability to push rivals down by getting better positioned, so I'm hoping the new changes adds another interesting new dynamic into the mix.

Thanks for your feedback; I appreciate your thoughts on this and will continue to monitor things to see if further improvements can be made.

[edit]
In regards to Reign, I can see it would appear unfair as they've done so well in all categories but with the new scoring the emphasis is now weighted more towards positioning as high as possible. Hopefully, pushing players to outdo each other at the extreme greater rift tiers so that their positions can squeeze in more scores for their clans.

guardzor
Brazil
Skeleton
Guardzor (SC) 70(1984)
View Hero
Rep: Recognised (3)
Recognised
guardzor
  • Post Rep

Postby guardzor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:48 am

I completely understand the reasoning behind it. Im sure that smaller clans will benefit tremendously from that change, and looking at the big picture it might be a change for the best.

Reign will have a hard time jumping 16 positions when their lowest ranking is 13, but im sure it will fun to watch them trying to get back on #1.

As for me/our clan, we actually benefited a lot from the change (as of right now), since most of our players only push at the end of the season, and we still dont have LoN DHs fully geared/augmented (only Marauder's) or a lot of Crusaders willing to push just yet.

Anyway, good luck with the website / leaderboard rankings, and have fun in season 5!

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Season 5 softcore clans looks fairly static with SoS US staying firmly in first position.

Positioning is very close for non season clans however with scoring only a mere couple of points dividing the top clans:

These clans only need to shift a couple of positions to get ahead of each other and their positions are shifting almost everyday.

The top clan for Season 5 hardcore (No0b Clutch Gamerz <nCg>) is in top form, mainly excelling in group based play.

d3rockstars arent that far behind, only lagging behind due to group based positions.

Login