Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Linking site account to battle.net

Postby ghostwheel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 pm

That Diablo3 profile link with empty slots in the control panel is an authentication process to make sure you actually own that battle.net account - it's to prevent folk from just adding anybody's account. That way, you will know that players who have linked their site account with battle.net account is that actual player.

To make it work, you need to go in game and make sure those slots described as "EMPTY" is empty on your character. Take off the equipment on those slots and then log out of the game. When you have logged out of Diablo 3, come back to the site and go into your main battletag sheet in the site to reimport so that it shows those empty slots for that character that needs the empty slots (red import button on far bottom of your site battletag page).

Once those slots are empty, you may then go back into your control panel and then finalise the authentication process by hitting the link button in your control panel.

Remember, it is important to log out of the game as changes to this site does not occur until you log out and reimport your profile back into the site.

If the system says it's clashing, it's because it thinks you are wearing items when you shouldn't be. Once that's all over, you may go back ingame and put your items back on.

Any questions, pop it here for me to answer.

*edit, just changed the terminology a little. "Linking" to the site means associating your battletag account permanently to your website account (rather than sync which could just mean importing - anyone can do this without registering)

*edit2 : A 2 handed weapon actually takes up a main hand and off hand slot ingame but the site still sees and empty offhand, so if one needs to be filled here then you need that weapon replaced to separate items.

zept0r
zept0r
Skeleton
zeptor (SC) 70(479)
View Hero
Rep: Unknown (0)
Unknown
zept0r
  • Post Rep

Re: Syncing site account to battle.net

Postby zept0r » Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am

Well, the system wants me to change items on a Char i recently deleted, so I cant change any items on it.
What can I do to confirm its my account then?

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Sat May 17, 2014 6:22 am

zept0r wrote:Well, the system wants me to change items on a Char i recently deleted, so I cant change any items on it.
What can I do to confirm its my account then?

I've reset your account and altered the code to exclude missing characters. Previously, it was excluding dead HC characters only but can now recognise removed normal characters.

Thanks for letting me know

zept0r
zept0r
Skeleton
zeptor (SC) 70(479)
View Hero
Unknown
zept0r
  • Post Rep

Postby zept0r » Sat May 17, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks alot for the fast help. :D

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Sat May 17, 2014 6:32 am

zept0r wrote:Thanks alot for the fast help. :D

Glad to help. You posted just as I woke up to check the site :)

InfiniteIce
InfiniteIce
Skeleton
LegacyPunch (HC) 70(918)
View Hero
Rep: Recognised (3)
Recognised
InfiniteIce
  • Post Rep

Postby InfiniteIce » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:35 pm

I am unable to sync, as it wants me to use a dead HC char (obviously i can't change gear so the slots it expects me to change cannot be changed.)

edit: just to save time/posts, here's more details:

it wants me to use
Code: Select all
http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=action_showchar&hid=344063

which was deleted quite a while ago (rage delete after death ;) )

From there click the Armory link for this character, you will see it is not in the Battle.Net armory either : /
Code: Select all
 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/InfiniteIce-1686/hero/49417150

I can't post direct links, but i feel this info is useful/relevant enough to warrant circumventing that via a code box. If not i apologize!

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 am

Things were changed a while ago to prevent the site from picking a dead or deleted character but... I can see it can still happen (generally to those who already have an imported profile from before).

I'll make it smarter to automatically reset if we end up like this again. For the meantime, I've manually reset your account to start again.

About the URL links; the site prevents new users from linking URLs as way to effectively block spammers but I'll look into making it allow legit addresses like battle.net and the site through. The site should allow links after the 3rd post atm(though I'll probably reduce that to the 2nd post now)

joshthefoolish
joshthefoolish
Skeleton
Dhampir (SC) 70(721)
View Hero
Unknown
joshthefoolish
  • Post Rep

Re: Linking site account to battle.net

Postby joshthefoolish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:36 pm

I am having issues where it picked a low level character on my account. Since this character is not level 60 it does not update equipment changes. What should I do? Here is my low level character. http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php? ... A4FrvldV8E

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm

joshthefoolish wrote:I am having issues where it picked a low level character on my account. Since this character is not level 60 it does not update equipment changes. What should I do? Here is my low level character. http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php? ... A4FrvldV8E

edit - try again, should work now
----
Ops oops , I recently changed it to start importing from lvl 10 to lvl 60 for Hardcore but forgot to change the linker to check for the new conditions. It'll just take me a few moments to update the code and reset your account - I'll update this thread when it's done.

joshthefoolish
joshthefoolish
Skeleton
Dhampir (SC) 70(721)
View Hero
Unknown
joshthefoolish
  • Post Rep

Postby joshthefoolish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:01 pm

Sorry i'm an idiot. still not updating the equipment.

edit - even bigger idiot just noticed it's now checking my main. i will get it linked. thinks for the help
Last edited by joshthefoolish on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Login