Fallen Hound

Rep: Recognised (4)
Recognised
Yorf
  • Post Rep

New patch, new crusader builds

Postby Yorf » Sat May 17, 2014 11:08 am

Hey guys

With the release of Reaper of souls I got my Crusader to 70 on the night of the release. After that, I started building around cooldown reduction and made a character that used bunch of low cooldown skills such as Condemn. With the new balance changes it seems like the class has gained a lot of new viable builds, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing some builds of yours that you have come up with. Especially looking for builds that are not too reliant on certain Legendary drops. Thanks! :D

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Re: New patch, new crusader builds

Postby ghostwheel » Sat May 17, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm a convert now. Switched my barb gear across to the crusader and currently playing with the fire based Blessed Hammer build :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/c ... abiS!aaZYY.

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php? ... hardcore=1

Without fire gear, you're better off with the lightning version of blessed hammer (just change the rune from fire to lightning). If it wasn't for my Maximus I found recently, I'd have stuck to a lightning based blessed hammer build as the lightning procs very often as you spam the hammers round you.

I'm seeing around 6 to 7 million criticals per hammer. the lightning arcs can tick for just over a million each - with a lot of hammers revolving round you, everything gets annihilated within seconds (even elites)

Yorf
Fallen Hound

Recognised
Yorf
  • Post Rep

Postby Yorf » Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 am

ghostwheel wrote:I'm a convert now. Switched my barb gear across to the crusader and currently playing with the fire based Blessed Hammer build :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/c ... abiS!aaZYY.

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php? ... hardcore=1

Without fire gear, you're better off with the lightning version of blessed hammer (just change the rune from fire to lightning). If it wasn't for my Maximus I found recently, I'd have stuck to a lightning based blessed hammer build as the lightning procs very often as you spam the hammers round you.

I'm seeing around 6 to 7 million criticals per hammer. the lightning arcs can tick for just over a million each - with a lot of hammers revolving round you, everything gets annihilated within seconds (even elites)

That looks pretty cool. I liked the original hammerdin in D2 so maybe I'll give this one a go. Just need to convert my gear from holy damage to fire or lightning. Maybe fire, since I also have a maximus sitting in my stash.

Yorf
Fallen Hound

Recognised
Yorf
  • Post Rep

Postby Yorf » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Sort of bumping and older thread, but I have another question, about gear this time. I found a pretty ok Thunderfury on my Witch Doctor, rolled around 2k DPS with int, vit and socket. Now, my WD doesn't need it, so I was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to roll the int for str and use it on Crusader? The reason I'm asking, because most people I see are running a weapon that has some skill altering properties, so maybe it would be better to try to hunt one of those instead? I could reroll the damage and try to make a good weapon for a Wizard instead, but I hardly play either of the classes.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Postby ghostwheel » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:55 am

Yorf wrote:Sort of bumping and older thread, but I have another question, about gear this time. I found a pretty ok Thunderfury on my Witch Doctor, rolled around 2k DPS with int, vit and socket. Now, my WD doesn't need it, so I was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to roll the int for str and use it on Crusader? The reason I'm asking, because most people I see are running a weapon that has some skill altering properties, so maybe it would be better to try to hunt one of those instead? I could reroll the damage and try to make a good weapon for a Wizard instead, but I hardly play either of the classes.

The Thunderfury is one of those items where not only you get a great item special affix that does damage but also one that actually rolls with decent affixes guaranteed (like a socket). It's why our database has a ton of people using this weapon.

Now what most people do, is to rereoll for even better damage like adding %damage or if they already have it then they reroll the damage range.

If you think this sort of upgrade isn't going to be beneficial then you can reroll the main stat for another class, but if you prefer playing your WD as the main then it's better imo to maximise damage.

hansenlaw
hansenlaw
Ravenous Dead

Rep: Unknown (0)
Unknown
hansenlaw
  • Post Rep

Postby hansenlaw » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:03 am

As of right now, the Firestarter build is simply the best if you want to aim for T6/Endgame

Login