View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

Site Development Blog Post

Postby ghostwheel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Another Site Development Blog update!
So tomorrows the big day for Seasons and I've been burning the midnight oil prepping the website to accommodate all the new changes introduced with Patch 2.1.

The main updates like 2 handed weapons + Crusaders, Gems and how Dexterity is now armour is active. The database is properly storing all the raw data and it's automatically making some of the updates when it should (it's semi-intelligent and does half my work for me which is why I spent a good month developing a solid foundation first way back in 2013 June - July before I launched the site)

Adjusting the website to accommodate Seasonal characters is something that will start to show up in the website fairly shortly. I'll be combining the paragons you gain from Season straight into your overall total paragons and you should see new segments in the Paragon piecharts in the battletag page as well.

Users of the site should use the row of blue links to quickly navigate between leaderboards as trying to get to what you want to see may involve too many clicks. This is also where I'm intending to place quick menu links to seasonal hero leaderboards. The home page will eventually have top 5s for Seasons shown as well.

The import only starts to take account of characters for lvl 60+, so hopefully that'll give me...a bit of extra time to get some things ready for seasonal characters to show up here.

Hope you folks are enjoying the game and patch 2.1 as well as the new updates in the site.

ghostwheel
Scotland
The Archivist
Dalinar (HC) 70(545)
View Hero
Rep: Distinguished (73)
Distinguished
ghostwheel
  • Post Rep

What's the focus of this site?

Postby ghostwheel » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Wow, haven't updated this blog for a long time.

The sites over 2 years old and started off as a ladder site to track unbuffed stats like DPS. It uses it's own hero power forumla which incorporates many game mechanics and is remarkably decent at spotting players who are within the top greater rift positions :
http://www.diablo3ladder.com/leaderboar ... l#toladder

Very early on, it started tracking paragons and it did this by counting all the P100s across all server regions for the first version of paragon. The maximum at that time was Paragon 1000 and that's why the main link to the paragon section still has "p1000" as a parameter - this is a byproduct of those days.

That changed of course, to track paragons across one server only and then eventually to add seasonal and non season paragons. Paragon tracking is something it does very well with a lot of graphs and pie chart to permantely track your progress over time - even recording your best 3, 7 and 14 paragon speed records.

Despite paragons being the most mature and stable section of the site; it's not quite the main focus as paragon tracking isnt everybodies cup of tea. This is why other areas were explored such as builds and incorporating greater rift data. Clans was something which a lot of work as been put into but again not all that beneficial to those who isnt into that sort of thing.

Items rankings were added in fairly early at the launch of RoS and it went through many revisions to make it a fun and useful metric for those who want to compare item stats. I'll need to get back into developing these sections as it's been quite a while.

So, I've revisited developing Builds recently again as I see a lot of people like to view stats and items of players in the top greater rift positions. The number 1 builds are at the home page and the "Builds" section of the site now defaults to Season 4; allowing you to break builds down by specific elemental types as well. For the meantime, that's the current focus of the site.

Login